Monday, November 14, 2011

Max Biaggi interview at EICMA - 2012 Season

Max_biaggi_eicma_interview1

The presence of the SBK Paddock Show at EICMA was a great opportunity for the public to get up close with many of the top WSB riders. One of the biggest draws was clearly the 2010 world champion, Max Biaggi. The ‘Roman Emperor' arrived on Saturday afternoon for the ritual photograph and autograph sessions, after which WorldSBK.com interviewed him backstage about the past year and the prospects for the 2012 season.


You're here at EICMA once again, this time at the World Superbike stand. What do you think of the show?


"EICMA is the biggest and best bike show in Europe. Every year there are always a lot of new bikes and it's just great to be here. I'm sure this negative period for the bike market will come to an end and things will start to improve again in the motorcycle industry."


The 2011 season wasn't particularly easy. You were injured at the Nürburgring, then you came back at Portimão with two strong races despite only starting in 17th slot. Are you glad you can get back on the bike again at the end of the month at the Algarve circuit?


"I finished third overall, with a bit of bad luck and after missing three rounds. For sure I wanted to do better but luck wasn't in my zodiac sign this year. But I'm back in shape, that's the important thing, I don't need to recover any more because I'm already at 100%. Now I can start to work on myself and see where I can improve, and hope that the bike will make further progress so I can get a good start next year in Australia. I aim to get the number 1 plate back again but we'll have to see what the other riders think about that. We'll only have an idea of the 2012 season once the first race gets underway."


Let's move on to Eugene Laverty. Another rider from over the Channel, as in the last two seasons but someone who scored some good results in his first season. Do you think that competition within the same team can help in giving you further motivation?


"My team is already tried and tested and Biaggi and his staff are all ready to go. Laverty will have a team all for himself who will as a result work for him alone. The only positive thing I can see is that it will be a good stimulus for me should I find myself in difficulty, in that case it'll motivate me even more to try and stay ahead."

 

Resources:

http://www.worldsbk.com/en/news/5-news/9481-biaggi-backstage-at-eicma.html

Motorcycle Clothing Australia

Motorcycle Jackets Australia

1 comment:

  1. Biaggi is a great italian motorcyclist, but it's aged... Now I prefer Rossi...

    ________________________________________
    by automobili usate

    ReplyDelete